Sacrament of Reconciliation: Saturdays 3:00 PM
Sunday 8:00 AM
How to go to confession in 6 Steps!
1. (+)In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. Bless me Father for I have sinned, it has been (how long?) since my last confession.
3. CONFESSION OF SINS – simply specify which and number of times committed
4. ACCEPTANCE OF PENANCE GRANTED BY PRIEST
5. ACT OF CONTRITION (letter “a” is the shortest possible form: the Jesus Prayer):
A. “Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.”
B. “My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy.
6. ABSOLUTION – (+) make the Sign of the Cross at the words of the priest: “….and I absolve you from your sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” Amen.